Considering all your work nowadays is done online due to the pandemic, it’s only normal to want to access a blazing-fast internet connection. We understand that the faster the internet connection, the lesser time it takes to complete the work. But, we also know that the speed of the internet doesn’t remain constant throughout the house. To extend home WiFi, you can either set up a Netgear router or range extender.
For those of you wondering how to set up one of these Netgear devices, we are here to assist you. Through this blog post, we’ll guide you in setting up both Netgear devices. It the end, you can choose to set up the device that fits your internet-related needs the most.
So, let’s not waste any more time and get started, shall we?
Different Methods To Extend Home WiFi Range
1. Steps to Set Up a Netgear Router to Extend Home WiFi
Setting up a Netgear router is the first way through which you can extend home WiFi. It helps your devices in communicating with the internet efficiently. Also, by setting up a Netgear router in your home, you can connect as many devices as you want with your home network.
Here are the instructions that you need to follow in order to set up a Netgear WiFi router:
- Power on the Netgear WiFi router and plug it into a socket.
- Grab a cable and connect the router with the modem.
- You can also make use of a wireless source to connect the WiFi devices.
- Then, access the routerlogin.net web page.
- Enter the default router admin details and hit Log In.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete setting up the router.
In this way, you can set up a Netgear router to enjoy a blazing-fast internet connection.
Note: Know that you can get in touch with our highly qualified technicians at any hour of the day if you get stuck while setting up a WiFi router.
Setting up a router isn’t enough to satisfy your internet needs? Do you need your home network to cover more area, so that you can access the internet from anywhere in the house? Well, in that case, it is recommended that you perform Netgear extender setup.
2. Steps to Set Up a Netgear Extender to Extend Home WiFi
Setting up an extender by accessing mywifiext.net or pressing the WPS button will fill in the gaps that a WiFi router could not fill. In other words, an extender extends home WiFi in areas where the router was unable to.
Go through the below mentioned guidelines and know how to set up a WiFi range extender by using the WPS method. But, before you start, make sure that your extender is receiving an adequate power supply from the wall socket.
- Look for the WPS button on your WiFi device.
- Once found, carefully press it.
- Now, wait for the LED light to become solid green.
- Once the LED becomes green, change the location of your extender.
If you want to set up the extender using an Apple or iOS device, then make use of mywifiext local.
Wondering why? Well, mywifiext net doesn’t work on Apple or iOS devices. It only works on Windows while you are trying to set up a Netgear WiFi range extender.
So, this was all about the different ways through which you can extend home WiFi range. In case of any doubts or queries, you already know what to do.