Netgear Extender Troubleshooting
Facing issues with your WiFi range extender? Not anymore! This is the page where you will find Netgear extender troubleshooting steps to fix all the technical issues with the extender.
Extender Setup Issues
Don’t know how to setup WiFi Extender? To do so, you first need to connect the extender with a reliable network. Follow these steps to connect your Range Extender:
- Turn on your range extender.
- Connect it to your router.
- Open an internet browser on your computer. In the address bar, type mywifiext local or https://www.mywifiext.com/ to start the www.mywifiext.net Smart Wizard installation which helps in setting up the range extender easily.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
This process may take a few minutes. If you come across any type of issue, don’t hesitate to contact our highly-experienced technicians.
Netgear Extender Not Connecting to Internet
Follow the Netgear extender troubleshooting steps given below to fix this issue:
- Let the range extender detect a list of WiFi networks available in the surrounding.
- Select your home network and type the network key or password in the paraphrase box.
- Assign a name for the Range Extender and click on Continue.
- Wait for some time for the smart wizard to establish a connection between your range extender and router. On the next screen, check the button “I have connected to the extender network” and then continue.
- Now, start up a browser and check if you can go to the internet. You should be online.
These are the basic and simple steps to fix ‘Netgear extender not connecting to internet’ issue.
Other Netgear Extender Troubleshooting Tips
If your Netgear extender not working even after successful setup, go through these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that your extender is turned on and receiving a proper power supply.
- The extender should be connected to the router properly.
- Ensure to access a high-speed internet connection.
- The connections to your extender must be tight and precise.
- Try changing the “Encryption type” of your home router or modem. You should change it in such a way that the security on the router is lowered e.g. if your router has WPA-TKIP, then change it to WPA-AES.
- If the problem still exists, then keep on trying for other encryption types like WPA, WEP, or no security as well making sure that both home router/modem and extender have the same encryption type. Don’t worry if your connection is disturbed or laptops do not detect SSID of the router since this is just for temporary setup installation. You have to change the encryption type to its original once the range extender has successfully connected to your router.
- Try working on other simple routers like D-link with or without encryption.
- Try to connect to the router after you factory reset the router/modem.
So trying these steps can make your Netgear New Extender Setup work properly. If you need any technical help while going through the above steps, feel free to contact us via a phone call on our toll-free number 1-844-726-2255 or chat with our expert technicians. Our experts will reach out to you and try to immediately fix the issue you might be facing with your extender.