It’s extremely frustrating when your iPhone won’t connect to WiFi network of the Netgear extender. Being unable to connect to WiFi stops you from performing online tasks such as downloading large files, updating the iOS, streaming videos and music, accessing mywifiext configuration page, etc. Fortunately, with some troubleshooting tips, you can easily fix the iPhone not connecting to Netgear extender issue.
In this guide, we will let you know various tactics to get rid of the iPhone won’t connect to WiFi problem. This guide will be a lot helpful if you are looking for the solution of:
- WiFi greyed out on iPhone
- WiFi not working on iPhone or iPad
- iPhone connected to WiFi but internet not working
- Can’t join 5 GHz network on iPhone
- iPhone WiFi won’t connect
- Fix WiFi connection on iPhone
- iPhone can’t connect to network after reset
- WiFi issues on iPhone or iPad
- Forget WiFi network
- iPhone not connecting to WiFi of Netgear extender but other devices are Let’s dive in.
How to Connect iPhone to Netgear Extender?
Before delving into troubleshooting tips, make sure that you are connecting your iPhone to the Netgear extender’s network in a proper manner. Let’s have a look at the steps to connect iPhone to WiFi:
- Head over to the Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Verify whether the WiFi is turned on.
- Hit the Search icon and find your Netgear extender’s network.
- After that, enter the network password to connect your iPhone to WiFi.
On the off chance if your iPhone not connecting to Netgear extender even after following the above-mentioned steps in the exact order, move to the next troubleshooting section.
Why is My iPhone Unable to Join Network?
Once you are done with the mywifiext setup for your Netgear extender, you need to connect all your client devices to the newly created WiFi network. However, sometimes, iPhone rejects WiFi network, making you unable to access the internet. Therefore, you first need to determine what is blocking the connection pathway between your iPhone and Netgear extender’s network. Here are the possible reasons:
- Red or amber LED light on the router
- Excess security on iPhone
- Pending internet bill
- You have entered the incorrect WiFi password
- Poor network signal
- Firmware issues
- Netgear extender is showing no LED
- Congested network
- Your iPhone is out of the WiFi network range
Now, let’s get started with the troubleshooting tips to resolve the iPhone won’t connect to WiFi error.
Fixed: iPhone Not Connecting to Netgear Extender
Follow the below-given troubleshooting tips to get rid of the iPhone not connecting to Netgear extender’s network issue:
- First things first, run a virus scan on your iPhone to confirm that it is virus-free.
- Similarly, check your WiFi router’s network as well and ensure that there is no virus.
- Power cycle your iPhone and Netgear WiFi range extender to eradicate firmware crash and minor technical flaws.
- Change the default WiFi settings of your extender via the Netgear genie setup page.
- Try to use your iPhone within your Netgear extender’s WiFi network range.
- Relocate your WiFi range extender in a manner that no interference-creating devices are nearby.
- Make sure to use the latest firmware version on your Netgear extender. If not, update your extender’s firmware via mywifiext local web page.
- Check the WiFi password you have entered.
That’s how you can fix the iPhone not connecting to Netgear extender issue with ease. In the event that the WiFi is still not working on your iPhone, feel free to reach out to our highly-experienced technicians at any time.