Are you wondering why your Netgear range extender is flashing red? Well, wonder no more because a blinking red light means that your WiFi device is not properly connected to the internet. But, don’t worry as we’ve got you covered. With the help of this blog post, we’ll make you aware of the number of reasons leading to the Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to internet issue along with the ways to resolve it. So, without wasting any more time, scroll down and continue reading.
Top 5 Reasons Leading to WiFi Extender Not Connecting to Internet Issue
Here are the topmost reasons why your Netgear WiFi range extender is not connecting to the internet:
- The firmware of your WiFi extender is not updated to its latest version.
- The connection status of your network adapter is very poor.
- You haven’t placed your extender at the right location.
- The Ethernet cable that you’ve used to connect the extender and router is damaged.
- You haven’t properly followed the on-screen instructions mentioned on the Netgear Genie setup wizard to set up your Netgear extender.
Now that you are well aware of the factors leading to the Netgear WiFi extender not working issue, follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below to fix it.
Resolved: Netgear WiFi Extender Not Connecting To Internet Issue
Are you ready to troubleshoot the internet issue? Let’s get started then.
- Firstly, ensure that your WiFi device is plugged into a working socket. Sometimes, the reason why your Netgear extender is dropping connection might be because of a faulty electric outlet.
- Keep your range extender far away from transmitting appliances like microwaves, cordless phones, baby monitors, Bluetooth devices, and much more.
- Also, don’t place the extender near fish tanks, mirrors, and reflexive surfaces. The reason being, such objects can cause interference in the WiFi signals of your device.
- Make sure that the firmware of your Netgear range extender is up-to-date. To update the firmware of your device, you need to access the mywifiext.net login web page.
- If none of these tips were helpful enough to rid of the Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to internet issue, then we recommend you check your router. There is a possibility that the whole issue was caused due to a faulty WiFi router.
Is your Netgear extender still not connecting to the internet? Looks like we need to pull the ace card out of the deck. Once you go through the ultimate fixes mentioned below, you’ll surely be able to get rid of the Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to internet issue. So, here we go!
Fix 1 – Power-Cycle Your Device
Sometimes, a simple restart is enough to get rid of technical issues, no matter how big they are. Here are the steps you need to follow to reboot your Netgear WiFi range extender:
- Turn off your Netgear extender.
- Unplug it from the wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Plug your extender into the outlet.
- Press the Power button on.
- Now, check whether the issue has been fixed or not. If not, follow the steps outlined below and restore your WiFi device to its factory default settings.
Fix 2 – Reset Your WiFi Device
- Log into your extender by accessing mywifiext.
- Then, click on Advanced > Administration > Reset.
- Now, hold on for a few minutes so that the changes can get executed.
So, this was all about the troubleshooting tips to resolve the Netgear WiFi extender not connecting to internet issue. We hope we were of some help to you in getting rid of the issue. In case of any further doubts or queries, don’t hesitate to get a word of advice by contacting us on our toll-free number 1-844-726-2255.