Unable to Perform Netgear Genie Setup?
Netgear extenders are one of the best WiFi devices letting users expand the signal strength of their current WiFi but Several Netgear extender users reported that they are facing issues while doing Netgear Genie setup and accessing Netgear Genie setup wizard. Is the process of Netgear Genie Setup have become a big hurdle for you as well? Looking to get the Genie setup issue fixed? We’re here to help! Our experts have listed the most common reasons creating Netgear Genie setup issues along with the solutions to fix them.
Fix Netgear Genie Setup Issues
If Netgear Genie setup problem is what you are facing, then try the following troubleshooting tips and get rid of the issue. Read on.
- Power cycle your Netgear extender and router.
- Consider connecting your extender to the router using an Ethernet for avoiding Netgear Genie setup issues.
- Use an updated web browser to avert any browser-related issues. Also, clear cache, cookies, and browsing history from your browser.
- Use correct web address and login details to access the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
How to Do Netgear Genie Setup and Login?
Chances are the steps used by you to do Netgear Genie setup and login are not right. To ensure that, go through the steps below and find how to perform Netgear Genie setup and login.
- Plugin and turn on your extender after connecting it to the router.
- Open an internet browser on your computer and try accessing the Netgear Genie login page via mywifiext.
- Enter the Netgear Genie login details.
- You will be directed to the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Reaching the Netgear Genie setup wizard, follow the on-screen prompts and complete the Netgear Genie Setup process.
After completing the process, connect your WiFi/wired devices to the network of extender and start using the internet the way you fancy.
Download Netgear Genie for Genie Setup
You can also download Netgear Genie for making the process of Netgear Genie setup and login a great success.
- Netgear Genie supports both desktop and mobile. So, as per the availability of your device, you can download Netgear Genie.
- To download Netgear Genie on your smartphone, you can access the App store compatible with the operating system of your phone and find the Netgear Genie App.
- For desktop, you can download Netgear Genie via mywifiext.
In case you find it difficult to download Netgear Genie on your device for completing the Netgear Genie setup process, get in touch with our technical experts for prompt and reliable solutions at your disposal.
How to Perform Netgear Genie Firmware Update
For doing Netgear Genie Firmware Update, there are various methods one can follow. Get to know all the methods of updating Netgear Genie firmware one by one.
Netgear Genie Firmware Update Using Manual Method
As the name suggests, you need to manually get the Netgear Genie firmware update with the help of this method. Here’s how:
- Navigate to the official site of Netgear.
- Search for the extender model you have by typing into the Search box.
- Check the availability of new firmware for the extender model you have.
- If any new update is found, download it on your computer.
- Once done, access the Netgear Genie login page.
- Type username and password into the given fields.
- You will land on the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Thereafter, go to Settings and select the Firmware Update option.
- You will be asked to select the downloaded file for the Netgear Genie firmware update.
- Browse the file and select it.
- Run it to update your Netgear extender with the latest firmware.
Netgear Genie Firmware Update using Desktop Genie App
- Connect your router to the extender with an Ethernet cable.
- Launch an internet browser and type mywifiext into the address bar.
- Netgear Genie login window displays
- Enter the Netgear Genie login username and password.
- Reaching the Netgear Genie setup wizard, go to settings.
- Select Administration > Firmware Update
- Click the Check button to search if any new version of Netgear Genie firmware is available or not.
- If found, click YES to get it.
Netgear Genie Firmware Update Using Nighthawk App
- Make sure your mobile has access to fast-speed internet connection.
- Launch the Nighthawk app and enter the Netgear Genie login details.
- Tap Sign In to access the dashboard of the app.
- Go to settings and check for updates.
- Tab Update if you find any new firmware
Still Can’t Update Netgear Genie Firmware? Call Us at 1-844-726-2255
Models Supported by Netgear Genie
The following models support the Netgear Genie app. For the full utilization of Netgear Genie, you must update your WiFi Extender firmware.
Download Netgear Genie
Access Netgear Genie Smart Setup on a web browser. If your desktop or smartphone’s browser does not automatically direct you to Netgear Genie, open a web browser, mention www.mywifiext.net in the address bar, and hit Enter key. To download Netgear Genie app, you can also take help from highly-experienced technicians. They can also help you with a free diagnosis of connectivity issues.