There’s nothing frustrating than losing your WiFi extender password and not being able to log in to your WiFi device, especially when you found unwanted access on your WiFi. You would surely be afraid of having your WiFi leeched by someone, forcing you to experience the annoying buffering icon or no internet issue. Whatever the reason is behind accessing the settings of your extender, if you forgot WiFi extender password, then here are the ways you need to follow to recover it.
This post covers the process to recover a password on Netgear extenders. However, you can use the tips for any Netgear Extender model you are having at your home or workplace.
How to log in to your Netgear extender if you forgot WiFi extender password?
If you are having trouble to reach the dashboard of your Netgear extender because you have forgotten the login password, then follow the tips below to get the problem fixed.
The password of your extender can only be recovered if you have enabled to password recovery feature while doing the Netgear extender setup.
How to Recover Netgear WiFi Range Extender Password using Recovery Feature
Before you start the process, make sure your Netgear extender is plugged in and showing the green color in all LED lights on it.
- Launch a web browser on your computer that is connected to your WiFi network.
- Enter mywifiext in the browser’s address bar and as soon as you press the Enter key, a login window will display on your system.
- As you are not able to recall the password of your extender so there is no meaning to try log in. Just click on the Cancel option to initiate the password recovery window.
- You will be asked to answer a few security questions to proceed further.
- The answers of all the questions should match with the answers you have filled at the time of setting up your extender for the very first time. (we hope you remember the answer of those security questions!)
- Once done, click the Continue button and you will be able to find the admin password of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
As mentioned earlier, the method will work only for those users who have enabled the password recovery feature on their extender. Also, having the correct answer of all the security questions is most if you want to recover the WiFi extender password.
Just in case, any of the things are not feasible for you, then you need to reset your extender to the default settings and then perform the set up again via 192.168.1.250.
After doing the reconfiguration of your extender, you are strongly advised to change the password of your WiFi device to secure it as well as keep a note of it just in case you again forgot WiFi extender password.
How to Reset WiFi Extender Password
We hope you are all done with the reset and reconfiguration of your WiFi extender. Now, you are suggested to reset the password of your extender from the default one to something unique. If you don’t know the process to reset the password of Netgear extender, then here’s how to do it.
- Launch a web browser on your device and visit mywifiext.net.
Quick Tip: You are advised to use the internet browser that is running the latest version for avoiding any browser-related issues while resetting the password of your range extender.
- Let the Netgear extender login window reveal.
- Enter the default credentials.
- Click the log in button.
- You will reach the Netgear Genie Setup wizard.
- Locate the Advanced option on the dashboard and choose Administration.
- From there, you can reset the Netgear extender password.
- Once done, don’t forget to hit the Apply button to save the settings.
This is how you can reset the password of your Netgear extender and secure it from potential threats.
To some, resetting their extender is not convincing. If you are also not in the queue of people who want to reset their extender for password recovery, then we’ve one more solution for you.
Forgot WiFi Extender Password? Recover it by Contacting Technical Experts
Technical experts deal with various issues related to an extender on a daily basis. And, they perhaps can help you recover or reset the password of your Netgear extender without taking it back to default settings.
Best of all, they might assist you with some additional tips on how to protect your WiFi if you forgot WiFi extender password and can’t change its settings.