Firmware is the programming system that runs on your Netgear device. It has a plethora of features that allow your Netgear extender setup to communicate in a better way and complete all the assigned tasks in a hassle-free manner. Occasional updates are important for adding new features and keeping your Netgear extender’s performance at its best. In most models, it is possible to enable the functionality of getting the updates installed automatically. However, if your Netgear extender is not working well, it is worth checking to ensure the firmware of your device is up to date. If you don’t know how to get a Netgear firmware update then this piece of writing can help you in a big way. Let’s get started!
Before you start, let’s first explain to you the benefits of firmware updates.
Benefits of Netgear Firmware Update
A firmware update can bring new features to your device and improve its functionality. It can fix issues related to the performance of your WiFi extender and make it work in a seamless manner. With the ever-changing needs of users, a firmware update can make your current Netgear extender complete with newer models. So, having access to the latest firmware update is important if you are looking to keep up with the latest technologies and want your WiFi extender to work at its best.
How to Get a Netgear Firmware Update
You can update the firmware on your Netgear extender either manually or via mywifiext login. Here we are going to explain both the methods one by one.
Netgear Firmware Update Using Manual Method
To update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender using the manual method, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Netgear Download Center.
- Locate the Search Box and enter the Netgear extender model you have.
- Once you land on the related model number page, check the Firmware Download option and select it.
- Find the most recent firmware version and click the Download button.
- Save the downloaded file on your computer.
- Log in to your Netgear extender via mywifiext.
- Navigate to settings and click the firmware update option.
- Click Browse and select the downloaded file.
- Before that, keep in mind to unzip the file so that the .exe file can run.
- Following the on-screen instructions, you can update the latest firmware update on your Netgear extender.
Netgear Firmware Update Using Web Interface
Firmware can also be updated on a Netgear extender via web GUI. To get firmware update success, follow the steps listed below:
- Connect your Netgear Extender to the router and power it up.
- Launch a web browser on your computer and access the default IP address 192.168.1.250 of your extender.
- Enter the login username and password.
- You will see the Netgear Genie setup wizard on your computer’s screen.
- Now, head towards the Administration option and select the Firmware update button under the Advanced option.
- If any new firmware update is available for your Netgear extender, you will be notified about the same.
- Hit YES to start the firmware update process.
- Once done, your extender will restart to make the firmware update changes effective.
This is how you can update your Netgear device in no time. We hope you will now keep your extender up to date with the latest firmware version. If you find any issues while doing the Netgear firmware update process, feel free to contact our technical experts for immediate help.